Tuesday, September 21, 2010

5 months

When I woke up today and looked at the calender I couldn't believe it.

5 months ago today was my first day smoke free in quite a few years.

This is one thing I can honestly say I am very proud of myself for :) If you asked me a year ago if I thought I would be smoke free today I would have told you no way.
Smoking was such a huge part of my life.

At the first of April I decided I had enough of smoking running my life and the things that I did in it. I was tired of waking up in the morning feeling like I was going to cough up a lung.

My mom and dad had quit smoking a year and a half before me and they of course were on me big time about it. When I finally decided to quit I thought the best day would be on my father's birthday. It really helped me to pick that day because I knew it would make him happy and if anyone I thought would never be able to quit it was him. It was also the day before my birthday so I was able to celebrate my 23rd birthday smoke free.

Since mom and dad had harped on me so much to quit once I said I would I knew there was no going back because I would never hear the end of it hahaha.

If you were like me and think its near impossible your wrong. I learned you just have to be stronger then the cigarette. There are still times that I think about it and think about how great it would be but I just think back to the feeling of coughing up flem, and the smell of someone who smokes. I never use to notice it but OMG is it ever bad!

I sure will be celebrating next month when I can say it's been a half a year! Yayy

1 comment: