Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Little Girls Easy Poncho

When I first began knitting I wanted to make my friends little girl a poncho. It is so easy and seems to go pretty fast, not to mention how adorable they look! 
 As you can see I have to use my lamp as a model haha. 

Here is the pattern if you would like to make one yourself!

Sizes
To fit chest measurement
12 months     18"
18 months     19"
2-4 years      23"
6-8 years      26.5"

Materials - 113g/4 oz ball of yarn
Sizes    12         18         2-4       6-8  
           mos       mos       yrs         yrs
             1            1           2           2    ball(s)
Size 5mm knitting needles.

I always use circular needles because I find they are easier to sit on the couch and do a project. That's how I roll.

The instructions are written for smallest size. If changes are necessary for larger sizes the instructions will be written in this ( )

K = Knit
P = Purl
tog = together
sts = stitches
WS = wrong side
RS = right side
Sl1 = slip one
psso = pass over

MAKE 2 PIECES ALIKE

Cast on 65 (73-85-97) sts

1st Row: (WS) K1 *P1, K1 Repeat from * to end of row. Rep this row of seed stitch twice more.

4th Row: (RS) K2, K2 tog, Knit to last 4 sts, Sl1, K1, psso, K2 

5th Row: Purl

6th Row: Knit

7th Row: Purl

Next Row: Repeat last 4 rows 10 more times

48th Row:(RS) K2, K2tog, K to last 4 sts, Sl1, K1, psso, K2

49th Row: Purl

Next Row: Repeat last 3 rows 5(9-14-19) times more. 

Cast off knitwise.

Finishing
Sew center front and center back seams.

There you have it a little girls poncho.

On another note. If your hands bother you from the movement of knitting, quilting, etc Try out some crafter's comfort gloves. I managed to score mine at a yard sale brand new for $10.00 they retail for about $30-$33

I was skeptical about them when I bought them but thought they were worth a try. Believe it or not they do help. I don't find when I am knitting for a long period of time that my thumbs get cramped up anymore. 

I now wear them while I do everything. Plus they keep my hands warm and not so dry from touching all the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment